Did you know?
- More than 25 million acres of lawn are tended in the United States.
- George Washington is credited with growing the first lawn in the United States, at his estate in Mount Vernon.
- 62% of all U.S. homeowners see lawns and landscaping as a good investment.
- Proper and well-maintained landscaping adds up to 15% to a home’s value and provides a 100-200% investment recovery rate.
- A lawn of just 50×50 feet (2,500 square feet) releases enough oxygen to meet the needs of a family of 4.
- The front lawns of 8 average-size homes have the same cooling effect as 20 homes with central air-conditioning.